ForumsQuestionsStart date and hotlist problem

Start date and hotlist problem
Paweł Ordziniak

Posted: Jan 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I can't understand why a starred task disappears when I add a start date (without due date).
In my General settings->Tasks->Hotlist settings I have checked "A star" option.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Jan 13, 2015
Tasks that have a start date in the future (tomorrow or forward) are usually hidden in toodledo, including in the hotlist, when the filter for showing future tasks is disabled.

If you want to see future tasks, go to "Show" and then activate "Future Tasks".
Paweł Ordziniak

Posted: Jan 14, 2015
The point is that there is no difference with or without Future Tasks checked on Hotlist. Task without due date and with start date is not displayed on it. It just looks like a bug.

Could you make a test on your list and confirm this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If the start-date is in the future, it will never appear on your hotlist because it hasn't started yet.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#1
Salgud

This is one of the reasons I have my own Hotlist as a Saved Search. In my system, Star trumps everything, and shows up on my Hotlist regardless of dates, priorities, etc.
Paweł Ordziniak

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Jake:
If the start-date is in the future, it will never appear on your hotlist because it hasn't started yet.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#1

I have Star option checked for Hotlist. Even tasks with a future due date and star are displayed. But if you add a future start date to the same tasks, they disappear from the hotlist. Where is the logic?

This message was edited Jan 14, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If your task starts in the future, the hotlist thinks that it isn't important yet because it hasn't started.
Salgud

Posted by Jake:
If your task starts in the future, the hotlist thinks that it isn't important yet because it hasn't started.

This is one of the things I like best about TD, it's flexibility. I understand the logic of how the default Hotlist works, but I prefer to have the Star override the dates, so I can create my own variation of the Hotlist to meet my needs.
Paweł Ordziniak

Posted: Jan 15, 2015
Thanks.
Salgud you are right.
From this it follows that I have to stop using Hotlist and start using Searchlist.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.