ForumsQuestionsDrop Down for Tags

Drop Down for Tags
Tommy Keene

Posted: May 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have a lot of tags, some with rather complicated names. It would be nice to have a dropdown list of tags to select from, similar to Contexts and Folders. Is this possible?
Anders

This must be on Toodledo's to do list because it is a highly requested feature as you can see from these threads and others: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1862/0/fat-fingers-for-tags.html
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1053/0/selecting-tags.html
This is definitely one of my top needs for both the website and the iPhone app.
Edit: If you look at Toodledo's post near the end of the first thread I linked, it appears they are planning to implement some sort of tag completion feature.

This message was edited May 12, 2009.
Claudio

This is a highly requested feature, but it is quite different from choosing Contexts and Folders because you can have more than one Tag for each task.

Here's one more: When Toodledo developers figure out how to choose multiple Tags from a list, then perhaps they can add the ability to choose multiple Contexts and Folders, similar to how Gmail allows multiple Labels for a message.
Claudio

Well, as long as I'm adding to the original request, how about a way of organizing Tags into groups? Some users have devised a set of prefixes to classify Tags, but I find that too complex. Better to have groups of Tags that can chosen from a list, and even better to have those groups linked to specific Contexts, or even to specific Folders.

For example, in my Work context, I would like to Tag various tasks with the name of the relevant co-worker or business associate, but I don't need any of those Tags when tracking my Personal activities, where instead I want a list of friends and relatives when tracking events like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and other special occasions.

Another example: I would like to Tag my personal shopping tasks with the store(s) where I will be shopping for the various items. But that's a lot of Tags, and most of those stores are not relevant to my business purchases.

And one more: I would like to use Tags to organize my exercise and sports activities, but those Tags would clutter up my lists when I'm creating business tasks.

I keep saying "I would like to" because I am not using Tags. I can't keep track of all the Tags that I want to use, I don't want to type them, and I don't want to create complex Searches. For now, I prefer sticking with just Contexts and Folders.

Ideally, I would not want to type anything but, instead, choose from various lists. I know that this is never going to happen, but I still would like whatever lists I'm currently using to be as complete as possible and as easily accessible as possible.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.