ForumsQuestionsHabits and their relation to Goals and Tasks

Habits and their relation to Goals and Tasks
ba66e77

Posted: Jan 14, 2015
Score: 8 Reference
I've started looking at Habits now that they're a thing in the iOS app and I find myself with questions about how (if at all) they relate to Goals. At the moment Habits seem divorced from Tasks and Goals, but conceptually they should all tie together.

Questions
----------
1. Recording and charting mechanisms aside, what's the difference between a checkbox Habit and a recurring Task?
2. Is there a plan to connect Habits to Goals in the same manner as Tasks?
3. Habits have their own interface elements currently in the iOS app and the web site, but Goals are tucked away under Organize on the web and have no real interface in the iOS app. Are Goals being phased out?

Use Case for unifying Habits, Goals, and Tasks
-----------------------------------------------
As a health conscious person, I have a lifelong Goal to "Maintain Healthy Body and Mind." That Goal is related to the Habit of "Watch my weight", which will allow me to record my weight each day. To facilitate that Habit, I'd like a Task with a daily recurrence to "Watch my weight," which would ideally automatically mark itself complete when I record my weight in the Habit.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 14, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.