ForumsQuestionsMulti-Edit to edit tags without replacing previous values

Multi-Edit to edit tags without replacing previous values
Hadamard

Posted: Jan 16, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Dear Toodledo,

I created long long time ago a request to avoid replacing tags when a new tag is added. I received no answer, time went past and the thread was locked. I have quoted below to avoid repetition.
Could you please tell me when this issue shall be fixed?

BR
Hadamard

-------------------

Posted: Oct 27, 2013
Score: 0 Quote Reference
Hi,

I need to add a tag to a set of tasks, via Multi-Edit, but without replacing the previous tag values, I just need to add new tags rather than replacing existing ones. There have been discussions on this topic for years now, but I am not aware of a solution yet.
Could you please tell me how I could proceed? Is this topic solved?

Thank you in advance.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is still on our todo list. I am sorry that I do not have an ETA at this time.
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
Jake,

I'd like to make a suggestion. Could one or two developers be put back on the task management side to start working on some of these long requested features? I know the new features are now the primary focus of your efforts based on the last couple of years releases and your annual review, but why not put some effort into fixing these old issues, like Tags, to placate us old timers? All we've gotten in the last 2 years is "De-Star on Completion" and "Save Sort Order with View", neither of which required much real effort. This barely qualifies as throwing us a bone. How about one with meat on it this year? :-)

Thanks for listening.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We've done a lot more than those two things for the Tasks section in the last 2 years :)

There are still a lot of things on our todo list and we hope to get to many of them this year.
coolexplorer

Posted: Jan 17, 2015
Posted by Salgud:
Jake,

I'd like to make a suggestion. Could one or two developers be put back on the task management side to start working on some of these long requested features? I know the new features are now the primary focus of your efforts based on the last couple of years releases and your annual review, but why not put some effort into fixing these old issues, like Tags, to placate us old timers? All we've gotten in the last 2 years is "De-Star on Completion" and "Save Sort Order with View", neither of which required much real effort. This barely qualifies as throwing us a bone. How about one with meat on it this year? :-)

Thanks for listening.

Customers use a variety of Apps on their desktop and mobile for different purposes, and continuously review which best addresses a category need. Toodledo falls in the category of "To-do Task Manager" and needs to continuously improve its Task management capabilities to keep ahead of others. I use Keep and Evernote for small and major notes/clippings, and Workflowy for Outlines. I appreciate that other customers use-case may be different, but the "Task manager" remains the core of Toodledo. I don't like donuts they are empty at the core, but I do love Toodledo. Keep improving the core.

This message was edited Jan 17, 2015.
frenil75

Posted: May 08, 2015
Any progress on the ETA on this?
frenil75

Posted: Jun 01, 2015
Posted by frenil75:
Any progress on the ETA on this?
Sabina A.

Score: -1 Reference
It's against our policy to comment on time frames, sorry.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can try using our new tag manager in the organize menu, but it doesn't do exactly what you are requesting.
rami_sedhom

Posted: Jun 27, 2015
I was searching for the same feature and I found this wonderful userscript: http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/source/85745.user.js
It do tags multi-edit and more. However you'll need a small fix as per http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/19365/0/fix-for-greasemonkey-script-toodledo-multi-edit-tasks.html

Enjoy!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.