ForumsQuestionsAndroid issues - alarm snooze and new tasks not appearing

Android issues - alarm snooze and new tasks not appearing
shane.hogan.at.home

Posted: Jan 23, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I'm really liking Toodledo, and I'm very close to taking out a paid subscription, but, a couple of issues are holding me back;

1) I'd love to have an alarm snooze facility. I know that if I go for the paid subscription, I'll be have more control over the timing of the alarm, but a snooze facility is really helpful when managing notifications and alerts. If you leave notifications open on your phone, it is easy to become immune to them. A snooze facility is better for creating a culture where a notification drives action.

2) A couple of times, new tasks added on the phone don't appear on the phone, but they do appear in the web version. I've tried syncing the phone, rebooting the phone, but with no success. But the tasks appear in the web version fine. Is this a known bug?

Thanks

Shane
coolexplorer

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by shane.hogan.at.home:

1) I'd love to have an alarm snooze facility. ...... If you leave notifications open on your phone, it is easy to become immune to them. A snooze facility is better for creating a culture where a notification drives action.
Shane

+1 A repetitive "snooze alarm" for critical tasks (in both Toodledo Web and App) will help us ensure things get done.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
A snoozing alarm is on our todo list.

The task's not appearing on the phone, but on the website probably means that a filter on the phone is hiding them. Try selecting "show" from the menu in the app and make sure the filters are set properly.
shane.hogan.at.home

Posted: Jan 24, 2015
Posted by Jake:
A snoozing alarm is on our todo list.

Thanks Jake, good to hear that.

Posted by Jake:
The task's not appearing on the phone, but on the website probably means that a filter on the phone is hiding them. Try selecting "show" from the menu in the app and make sure the filters are set properly.

I will double-check this, but I really don't think so. I went through various options on the app, including changing to view by due date and view by priority, and choosing all dates and all priorities. So unless I'm missing something major in the UI, I think there might be an issue here.

Is there a way for me to send you a link to a video of the problem occurring without making it public here? I don't want to show a video with all my own tasks on screen in a public domain.

And one further question - do you support TOR browser? It looks like you don't, so let me know if this is on the todo list?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2015
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
shane.hogan.at.home

Posted: Jan 26, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks

Thanks Jake - Let me do a bit more testing, and if I can reproduce the bug easily, I'll create a support ticket.

Do you support the TOR browser?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 26, 2015
We do not test with the TOR browser, but it may work.
SteveP-UK

Posted: Jun 07, 2015
Hi guys. Any news on the snooze function? Thanks. Steve
Harry_1397244820

Posted: Jun 10, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Since I'm using Toodledo snooze is on the todo list. Any idea when it will actually be implemented?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.