ForumsQuestionsAm I guaranteed that my information will be stored forever?

Am I guaranteed that my information will be stored forever?
farstar

Posted: May 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello, I am new in toodledo. I believe this is a tool I always wanted to have.

I see the information is stored by toodledo in some way (I can introduce data in one computer, and see it in another computer). If toodledo is free, how is it that I get free space?

Am I guaranteed that the information I input into the system will be stored forever, and good backups are in place?

If I rely in a tool such a toodledo, I will input a lot of information, and I would like to be confident enough in the tool, and to feel there is no need to duplicate all the information I input "just in case" it is lost someday.

Thank you for such a nice product.
farstar

My question is not in relation to the 2 weeks/6 months/indefinite that I can get via the free edition or the upgraded version, but in relation to the fact that if toodledo guarantees the existence of the service indefinitely into the future.
Claudio

I'm curious about what kind of answer you expect.
And, what answer you'll get.

"Do you guarantee that you will remain in existence forever?"
"Uh, well ... sure!! Yup, we'll be here no matter what happens. You can count on us. We are more stable than any company or any country in the world."

A more practical suggestion: Check out the Export functions at http://www.toodledo.com/connect_csv.php and http://www.toodledo.com/connect_xml.php, and schedule regular backups of your Toodledo data.
farstar

OK, maybe my question was a bit naive, but let me rephrase it:

Has any user lost any piece of data since Toodledo is up and running? (due to server problems or anything similar)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have never lost any customer's data due to a server problem and we intend to remain in existence for the foreseeable future.

You might also want to read this:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=78
saskia.x

Posted: May 15, 2009
As someone who has been using Toodledo for about a year and a half, I can testify that I have never lost any data in Toodledo, and they do seem to be quite a reliable company from what I can tell. I don't think any company could ever swear to never lose any data, but I do trust Toodledo to look after my data much more than I trust many other companies. Of course it's always a good idea to take backups occasionally, with any electronic data, wherever it is stored.
KatBoy

Me too. What saskia says.
Anders

Saskia makes a good point. No matter how reliable the company storing your data, it is always a good idea to make backups (export). Even the most secure systems like government, and bank computers can get hacked, or get viruses. I also agree, though I have not been using Toodledo all that long, that Toodledo seems like a very trustworthy company, and they definitely have plans to remain active well into the future. How many other companies are forward-looking enough to already be working on brain computer synchronization? Well, Toodledo should have it ready by 2038.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.