ForumsQuestionshow to use notebook by apiggo

how to use notebook by apiggo
Krystalod

Posted: May 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi.
I work in the medical profession and purchase notebook so i can have important notes on hand in the iphone. i do not know much about computer stuff. all i want is a way to get some notes from online articles or my e mail to the notebook or type notes in from the computer..i have tried to go to tooledo and am still not able to get any notes into the notebook. can someone please explain simply how to do all this. what is import export and how do i get all these notes to notebook? thanks so much :( krystal
Anders

Posted: May 14, 2009
You may have already looked at it, but my reply to your last post, answers your questions somewhat: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1975/0/o.html

To add to the notebook directly from the site, click on "Notebook" on the left pane. If you can't see that link, your toolbar might be toggled shut, and you can open it with the little arrow under "Toodledo". Once in the Notebook, you will have a little icon at the top-right that says "+Add Note". Just click that and you can add Notes to your notebook, assign them to folders, etc.

The import functions by reading files in the .csv format, which excel, and most spreadsheet software can save files as. You would need to arrange notes in a column, and put corresponding folders in another column if you want them, but the easiest method if you don't understand spreadsheet sofware might be to just make a single column of Notes, and when importing, chose "Note" from the dropdown box.

If you are uncomfortable even with that, add a few notes by hand, and then download or view your export file to get an idea of what the import file should look like.

To get stuff from your email or other websites to your Notebook, you will have to cut and paste. You can email notes attached to tasks in to Toodledo, but you would still have to copy and paste to get them into the Notebook anyway.

If these options are not adequate for your purposes, you may want to look into Evernote. The Toodledo Notebook is more suited to hand entered notes, while Evernote is easier for gathering things from websites, and emails. Also for webpages, I use the Read It Later iPhone app, and Firefox addon.

This message was edited May 15, 2009.
Krystalod

Posted: May 15, 2009
thanks a bunch for all your help. i will try all that you have suggested. krystal
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.