ForumsQuestionsManage task dependency in start time

Manage task dependency in start time
aquaterra

Posted: Mar 01, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I am wondering if anyone has suggestions. I am experimenting using Toodledo to keep track of house cleaning chores, part of effort to use toodledo as GTD tools.

What I did so far: I set up all the cleaning tasks for the house. Some including simple general cleaning, some are more thorough cleaning. They are all repeat tasks, at intervals from weekly to annually (haven't come up with anything after annually:)).

After using this for a month, I realize that there are times that I can't finish a tasks, then I have tasks to do from what I missed and what comes up now. And it is more than what I can do. I changed the start time on the tasks that I can wait to the week after but then I get into the same situation the following week.

Is there anyway that I can move a group of tasks (by folder or other criteria) to start after a specified time? In my case, I could just add a week to all the tasks except for the ones I missed or others that need to be done now. Then everything else will still be spaced out properly.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2015
Our recommendation is to leave tasks overdue. Seeing how much a task is overdue is a useful piece of information that may help motivate you to complete it sooner.

Another option is to use our "multi-edit" took on the advanced search page to move a group of tasks to a new start-date.

If you find that you are often moving tasks forward again and again, its probably a good idea to stop giving these tasks a date and instead prioritize them by some other means (priority, status, etc).
markjgsmith

Posted: May 02, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
I want to add a bit of weight to this request. Two features that would be tremendously useful:

1) being able to multi-select a group of tasks and change a property
2) being able to multi-select a group of tasks and bump all their due dates by a number of days

I'm aware that it's possible to use the search feature and then multi-select from there, however it's an all or nothing action - mostly it's not possible to create a search that matches just the tasks that need to be selected. I have searches setup for Yesterdays Tasks, Todays Tasks and Past Tasks, so it's only partially useful.

I often have unexpected things crop up and need to bump a load of tasks (that I've already spent time scheduling by setting the due dates) by several days. Being able to do this in one action (e.g bump due dates on a specific hand picked selection by 4 days) would be much better than having to change due dates individually on each task again and again.
coolexplorer

Posted: May 02, 2015
Posted by markjgsmith:
I want to add a bit of weight to this request. Two features that would be tremendously useful:

1) being able to multi-select a group of tasks and change a property
2) being able to multi-select a group of tasks and bump all their due dates by a number of days

I'm aware that it's possible to use the search feature and then multi-select from there, however it's an all or nothing action - mostly it's not possible to create a search that matches just the tasks that need to be selected. I have searches setup for Yesterdays Tasks, Todays Tasks and Past Tasks, so it's only partially useful.

I often have unexpected things crop up and need to bump a load of tasks (that I've already spent time scheduling by setting the due dates) by several days. Being able to do this in one action (e.g bump due dates on a specific hand picked selection by 4 days) would be much better than having to change due dates individually on each task again and again.

I agree. Time and Convenience is important when entering and managing To-Dos on the move. Ideally one would like to quickly shoot and scoot without playing with multiple variables and filters. User friendly To-Do Apps allow you to multi-touch for selecting a number of tasks and swipe left or right to delay/snooze or advance or complete To-Dos quickly.
TDs new task entry is pretty good. What would help is easy multi-selection of tasks and quick advance or postpone start or due dates.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.