ForumsQuestionsNegative Priority in App

Negative Priority in App
johnprince2112

Posted: Mar 08, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I created a Search Priority IS '-1'

When I run this search in the Browser App, it works fine (it displays a view set to "Show" Negative Priority Tasks. However in the iOS app, when I set this value in the "Show" page, it holds the value for ALL views.

Example in Browser:
1. Select 'All Tasks"
2. Select Show and I uncheck 'Negative Priority Tasks". Going forward this view will always filter out those tasks
3. Select my custom search '-1 Tasks'.
4. Select Show, and I check 'Negative Priority Tasks". Going forward this specific view will always SHOW those tasks,.
5. Select 'All Tasks' again, negative priority tasks are still being filtered (good)

Example in iOS
1. Select 'All Tasks"
2. Select Show and set 'Negative Priority' to Hide.
3. Select my custom search '-1 Tasks'. All records are filtered.,
4. Select Show and set 'Negative Priority' to 'Show'
4. Select 'All Tasks' and the -1 tasks are no longer filtered.

Short version: in the Browseer app it seems to be by view. In the iOS it seems to be a global setting. Is this a known defect?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is the current expected behavior. The filters in the "show" menu are global in the app and on a per-view or per-list basis on the website. This is something that we might bring to the app in the future.
johnprince2112

Okay, this helps. It's a slick feature to customize the views like that. It kind of hurts the -1 feature. I use it as a 'some day' attribute. Nice to hide it...but now I have to set a reminder to check up on those (out of site out of mind) instead of creating a saved search called 'Some Day' that is right in front of me.

Once again many thanks for the extremely prompt replies. My questions will wane once I gain more exposure. Right now still trying to define the best process for myself and my team and the only possible show-stopper is the inability to indent (or better delineate) parent/child tasks in the app. Regardless I amjust besides myself at how awesome this app is as well as the tenacious customer service (I hope you have help, Jake). I'm quickly becoming a raving fan.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.