ForumsQuestionsForum Search Feature

Forum Search Feature
johnprince2112

Posted: Mar 08, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Is it working correctly? As an example, I just posted something about ToodleDue third party app. I searched before with no results returned...then searched after my post (with 'Toodledue' in the subject and post itself...still no results.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Search is handled by Google, so when you post new comments, it can take a day or two for Google to become aware of the new comments.
johnprince2112

Thank you. This is actually outside of being indexed. Specifically, I'm trying to find some of my previous posts as when I go to my user profile and click on the "View Posts" it just takes me to the search page. I'm confident I posted some questions yesterday, but don't see them so I might have them in draft somewhere. I'll do better putting my question in watch mode and keep looking for what I posted yesterday. It had to do with saved searches and rolling dates. ? Thanks

This message was edited Mar 08, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Our forum search page used to be done by us and did a better job at some things like finding posts by a single user, but it was less good at searching for a specific phrase or list of keywords, which Google does very well and there is no possible way that we can do better. We still have our old search software, so we might bring part of it back in the future to fill the hole of what we do well and leave the rest for Google.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.