ForumsQuestionsTAG sort order changed/broken ???

TAG sort order changed/broken ???
fiona.c

Posted: Mar 10, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Yikes.. it seems somewhere in the last 48hours the sort method for TAGS has been changed.
I tag tasks 0, 1, 2, 3, (none) to indicate priority/urgency (a la Covey quadrants) for today (0 being most important/first task).
Up until today (or maybe yesterday - I was out & not used PC) sorting on this column would produce the 0's first, then 1's, 2s, 3's and untagged last. Perfect.

TODAY - I get untagged first, then 0, 1, 2, 3...
If I reverse sort, I get 3,2,1,0,(untagged)

WHY!?!??! why would an untagged post be sorted BEFORE a tagged post... just doesnt make any sense. sorry.

AND tasks tagged "0" (thats zero) group as "No Tag" but separate to the actual "no tag" tasks....
something is hinky here... please FIX!

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 11, 2015
Yes, we have slightly changed the way tags are sorted to make it more accurate when using non english characters (Chinese, Japanese, etc), however in the process we may have accidentally changed how "no tag" is sorted. I will look into this first thing in the morning.
fiona.c

Hows it going... it looks to me like there is some confusion between a "0" (zero) and 'none' as like I said before, the tasks tagged with a zero "0" are grouped under a heading "No tag".

Look forward to it being fixed! :)
mlb32704

Most definitely having this issue but only on the Web site, not on any iOS devices. I sort by due date, then tag. On the Web site, it is listing those items without any tags first, then going in numerical order for the rest. If I reverse, I get backwards counting numbers first, then no tags. Again, the ToodleDo apps running on iOS devices are all working correctly, it's just the Web site which unfortunately I use a lot. Please fix soon, thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 12, 2015
A tag of "0" being grouped with "No tag" is a bug that has been there forever apparently. I have just found it and will get it fixed today.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The sorting of "no tag" being incorrectly at the top will be fixed today too.
mlb32704

I just did a refresh of the Web site and everything is back in order -- top to bottom mine run by date first, then numerically by tags (i.e. 1 before 2, 01 before 02 and 1, and so on, etc.) and non tagged items run to the bottom. Everything is as it was before, working perfectly. I don't know Jake, but I picture this guy in a wizard outfit blowing smoke and/or code all around and asking us to disregard the guy behind the curtain :) Seriously, I am a long time extremely satisfied ToodleDo customer who loves the basic functionality, reliability and integration between Web and iOS of ToodleDo. Thanks Jake etc.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Glad I was able to fix it for you.
fiona.c

Posted: Mar 15, 2015
Jake, I have read that you have worked on this sorting; however it has made NO change on my account.

I am still getting 'no tag',0,1,2,3. and "0" tags are still called "No Tag".
yes, I've logged out and back in.
I'm on Firefox.

HELP!!!!
tx
Fiona
fiona.c

Posted: Mar 16, 2015
Jake,
further to this plea for help.... I think the issue remains with CUSTOM SEARCHES.
when I go to tasks via 'view by' options (eg Folder, or Due Date) it sorts just fine.
BUT any custom search (yes, I tried creating a new one) still sorts tags the 'old' way...

Hope this helps you find the naughty bid of coding... (obviously the sort code in custom searches is independent of the other view options which I would think is an odd way of doing it.....)

cheerio
Fiona
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for letting us know about this. An oversight that I will get corrected in the next few minutes.
fiona.c

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAYS..... thank you so much Jake for fixing the custom search too - its all appearing "right" now. Ah.. gonna make my day much easier and productive... now to just start...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.