ForumsQuestionschanging the units of the 'length' column

changing the units of the 'length' column
tbarry

Posted: May 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I want my tasks to appear as hours or days, as in a task will take me 4 days (which I mean 4 x 8 hour working days), but when I type '4 days' it immediately converts to 96 hours. If I try typing 4.2 for example, it immediately converts to 4.2 minutes.

The help section states one can modify this column to show days. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.
Anders

Posted: May 18, 2009
I don't think you can get the length field to display days. The help topic only states that length can be entered in a variety of formats, not that it will display that way. If I were you, for the 4 workday task, I would just enter 32 hours since that is what you really mean anyway. 4 days could also work I suppose if it is something that can only be accomplished during those 8 hours each day, but it really depends on what purpose you use the length field for.

~Anders

This message was edited May 18, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 19, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Yes, we would like to convert large hour values to days. The problem is that not everyone has an 8 hour work day. We do plan to have a setting in a future update where you can enter the length of your workday and then have Toodledo convert length to days based on that.
LQMI Eric

Posted: Oct 27, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Any update on displaying "Length" as days instead of minutes? This would be a really useful feature for me.

Cheers!
-Eric
Proximo

Posted: Oct 27, 2009
+1 for this change.

I understand that not everyone has an 8 hour work day, but I would imagine that most due. It would satisfy more users to make it work that way by default.

Having the option to adjust the hours of your work day is nice, but not too many programs do this. 8 Hours is assumed by most applications to include calendars.

But hey. It sounds like a great idea.
hakon

Posted: Nov 21, 2009
I 2nd (or 3rd) the need not only to be able to define the number of hrs in a workday, but also to be able to define the unit for the longth (duration) column.
On most project, I personally prefer to view duration in terms of weeks. But that doesn't necessarily suite everyone
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.