ForumsQuestionshow to manage ongoing tasks, delegates

how to manage ongoing tasks, delegates
harsh.modi

Posted: Mar 12, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Most of my tasks involve making sure other people are working, and most of them involve ongoing work.
I'm sure there are many in the same boat.

After using toodledo diligently on a daily basis on the web app as well as android phone through Ultimate To Do, I have some serious feedback to give. I dont use HOTLIST etc, but I have my own saved searches which show me exactly what I need at that time.

(1) Several times I want to touch on a task for today and then it should be off my list for today. I have not figured out a quick way to do this. Would appreciate any feedback I can get. My search only displays items that are due today or tomorrow or without a date. I tried to change the due date everyday, but that creates reminders for those tasks on the due date. I cant turn off reminders because I need it for other tasks.

(2) I work with a lot of delegates, who are either my staff, or consultants. A couple of them use toodledo. Theres no good way to work with delegates. I just add their tasks to a folder with their name. There are several who dont work with toodledo. I would love to save them as delegate folders and any new tasks with due date should go to them via sms or email. If they could get a daily sms or email with what is pending from them, that would also be great.

I feel delegate management is a huge need, and fail to see why toodledo is not implementing it.
Addressing the need of people to work with other people that are not toodledo is huge. No task manager is doing that yet. That will drive a lot more adoption when people start seeing the value.

In fact, I can even pay a small amount for each delegate, or you can include a certain number of non member delegates in your subscription.

I have read on the forums that delegate feature requests from other members have been coming for a long time, as far back as 2009.

If anyone has a workaround, would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 12, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
1) You might look into updating your saved search to look at the "modification date" of the task. If the task was modified yesterday or older then it shows up. If you have modified it today, then it disappears until tomorrow. So, you would have to "touch" each task to make it go away for a day.

2) We do not currently have a way to delegate tasks to someone who is not a Toodledo user and have them get reminders for those tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.