ForumsQuestionsHow can I add details to Goals or Folders?

How can I add details to Goals or Folders?
NorthWestAudioCraft

Posted: Apr 01, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
This isn't a specific GTD question but GTD does address it a bit. A properly-set goal must have a clear definition of "done", many goal-setting gurus say something like "What tangible evidence will exist that your goal has been complete? What can other people detect about it?"

Goals in ToodleDo have hardly any space for any detail. It seems there ought to be a "notes" field in a Goal (as there is in a task).

For instance, one of my goals, which will take me a while, is to become better at computer programming. I have three very specific "I need to be able to...." measurements for when this goal is achieved. For instance: 1) I need to be able to create DSP algorithms to do X, Y, and Z, and program them into an embedded chip inside a consumer product. 2) etc. For the moment, I create a task that says "Tangible evidence of completion of [name of goal], but this is clumsy. The task has to be assigned the goal, contexts, and all that, it doesn't inherit anything simply due to having a goal assigned to it.

I use Folders for categories of stuff. At first I used them for projects, but realized that was too limiting. For instance, I have a folder called Family and it is for anything that I do on behalf of the family that isn't financial. Plan a trip, give someone needed financial counseling, take everybody out for a meal, and so on. Had I restricted my Folders to simply projects, that would have morphed into many folders. So, again, I sure wish I could add a "note" to a "folder" instead of only to a task.

Is is possible to do now, and I simply haven't figure out how?

Or could this be added somewhere in the development cycle?

NWAC
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 01, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
You can already add notes to goals. You can do this from the "Organize" section under "Goals". Click the note icon.

This isn't possible with folders.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.