ForumsQuestionsCompleting repeating tasks with Optionally On modifier

Completing repeating tasks with Optionally On modifier
gtfricks

Posted: Apr 22, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I recently started using the Optionally On due date modifier for recurring tasks that can slide, but I need to be reminded to work on them every so often. When I mark the task as complete, the task is regenrated at the next interval (Daily, weekly, etc), but no longer has the Optionally On modifier. I want to mark the task as complete, for a record of what I did, so I don't want to just leave the task alone and let it regenerate.

For example, I have a recurring task to work on writing a paper for Mon, Wed and Fri. On Monday, I'm busy and don't get to it, so a new task shows up on Wed. On Wed, I work on the paper, mark it complete, and the task shows up on Friday, but as Due On, not Optionally On. If I'm busy again on Friday, I would prefer the task pass to Mon, rather than going overdue on Friday, requiring input to change the due date.

How can the regerated task retain the modifier?
Sabina A.

Hello,

This shouldn't be happening. The due date modifier should stay on "optionally on". Can you please create a support ticket so we can look into the issue?

Thanks!
gtfricks

Sabina,
Thanks for the reply. I did some additional testing and it seems to be working now as I would expect it to be. Very strange. If it happens again, I'll submit a ticket
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.