ForumsQuestionsChanging start date

Changing start date
jeffb

Posted: May 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi -

when I change a start date within Toodledo, the due date (even if it is BEFORE the start date) remains the same - is there any way to have the due date update automatically if the start date is changed to a date that is later than the due date?

Sorry if this is a little convoluted. Love this product!

Cheers,
Jeff
Anders

Posted: May 25, 2009
Yes unless someone can tell me how to finish things before starting them (which would be great! Any ideas?), then it really doesn't make sense for due dates to be able to come before start dates.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We currently don't force start<due. We didn't want to enforce constraints like this because it adds unneeded complexity. It should be easy enough for you to input your tasks in a way that makes sense to you. If you want to be able to enter a start date that comes after a due-date, for whatever reason (maybe you need to finish a report by a due-date to be ready for a meeting that starts the day after) then you should be allowed to.
Anders

Posted by Toodledo:
If you want to be able to enter a start date that comes after a due-date, for whatever reason (maybe you need to finish a report by a due-date to be ready for a meeting that starts the day after) then you should be allowed to.

Good point. I hadn't considered that some people could actually find uses for the current implementation.
jeffb

Posted: May 31, 2009
Thanks for that - I'll re-examine how I work witht he tasks to see if this feature is really necessary for how I manage things.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.