ForumsQuestionsRequest new feature - include hashtags within the task descripti

Request new feature - include hashtags within the task descripti
ahmedgaldeeb

Posted: May 07, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,
I had the below idea for a new feature that I believe may be of a good benefit for all toodledo users, specially those working/collaborating with other users (i.e., team collaboration)

The idea is basically to allow the usage of hashtags (i.e., @ / # ) similar to what facebook have now, in order to organize tasks accordingly, and even make it easier to assign tasks to other team members.

Appreciate your feedback.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Have you tried using our "tags" column. I think it does what you are suggesting. You may need to enable it in your account settings.
ahmedgaldeeb

Score: 1 Reference
Thank you for the tip. Actually I did not know about the tag column before ... but I have just tried it and it does work, but only for part of what I was thinking!

With the current tag feature, I can add multiple tags to a certain task, which is another way to organize it (i.e., other than organizing tasks in folders)
Yet, what I was thinking of, is that while writing down the task desciption, I can tag some one to it (similar to tagging a friend on Facebook) so that he/she can get a notification about the task.
Also, having the tags within the task description itself makes it easier to maintain; as I don't have to add my tag in another column ...

It might be a bit too much to ask for ... but I googled this feature and I happened to find a new service that does just that ... and as I'm already using toodeldo for more than 2 years now and it is fully integrated into devices, it would be a bit harsh for me to switch.

Please let me know what you think. I'm to happy to try any work around.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.