ForumsQuestionsOptionally On and Hotlist

Optionally On and Hotlist
jyli

Posted: May 09, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,
I was wondering how I would achieve following:
I want to create a task that will show up in my hotlist every weekend and then disappear on weekdays.

I do know that using ‘Optionally On’ due-date with repeating set I can create tasks that will disappear after the weekend and reappear the next weekend. The problem is that it won’t show up in the hotlist until Sunday. This seems to be because ‘optionally on’ is treated as ("=" i.e. Due On). I guess that by setting high enough priority I would be able to make it visible but the nature of the task is not that important, it’s more like a reminder for weekends.

I was wondering that why ‘Optionally On’ tasks cannot show up in Hotlist if I have set the start day?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 10, 2015
You should be able to do this. Set the start-date and due-date to be saturday. Then set it to repeat "every weekend" with the "optional on" option. These tasks should automatically appear on your hotlist on saturday and sunday and should disappear M-F.
JMStahl

Posted: Oct 05, 2015
I have found it will show up only on the day it is due, not in the future if it is active.

I use my Hotlist as an active tasks list. When I have an Optionally On task it will not appear until the day I have it due even though it is active. Do I have a setting incorrect? If not, is this something you could take a look at?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 06, 2015
I must have misunderstood your original question. I thought you wanted a task that only showed up on the weekend and was hidden the rest of the time. Optional tasks and tasks with a future start date will be hidden from your hotlist until the date arrives.

You can still do what you want, but you'll need to use a "Saved Search" instead of the "Hotlist". In the saved search you can setup the criteria to be exactly what you want. Here is more info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.