ForumsQuestionsGoogle Calendar sync

Google Calendar sync
Capability29

Posted: May 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Need help, not sure if I'm dong this right, but if I set up a task with a due date - it doens't seem to sync with my google calendar. I have the toodledo calandar added to the google cal. but all I get is the green check marks that you have to log into each time to see your tasks, but doens't list for that day, lists everything... Is there a way to get apointment times set in toodledo into google calander? (Other than retyping them:)

Thanks
Anders

There are two separate ways that you can integrate your tasks into Google Calendar. What you have set up is the Toodledo Google Gadget. It is handy, but doesn't actually put anything directly into your calendar. One thing though, you shouldn't have to log in every time (at least I don't). Make sure you are allowing cookies for that to work.

You can also add a Toodledo iCal subscription to Google Calendar. Enable it here: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
And then enter the iCal URL into Google Calendar through "Add by URL". Then all your tasks with dates will show up as a new calendar as events.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
To prevent it from asking you to login each time follow these instructions: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=28
Capability29

Posted: May 28, 2009
Thanks so much - great support! - newbie to this stuff, and ical in particular (Mac thing?) Anyways have it all set now. - the little ? beside the ical sync gave the final bit of data to get the job done:

" You can also use our "Live iCal Link", which will put tasks that have due-dates directly on your calendar. However, keep in mind that Google only refreshes this information once a day, so if you make changes to the due-date on Toodledo, it will take 24 hours for Google to recognize this. There is no known way to speed this up.

To do this, go to the "Import/Export/Sync" section of Toodledo and enable the "Live iCal Link". Now go to Google Calendar, click "Manage Calendars" and then click "Add Calendar". Now click "Add by URL" and type in your "Live iCal Link". Be sure to include the "webcal://" prefix. "
Capability29

Posted: Jun 01, 2009
Another issue I'm having is getting Google Calander to be upsded - the data has not changed since the first day I uploaded. I believe the seetings are all showing that it's subscribed, but do I have to do something each day to sync the data?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Are you using the Live iCal link? I'm thinking that you may have done a one-time export/import of into Google Calendar which is why they have never updated.

You should also know that Google is notoriously slow with updating, but it is usually at least once every 24 hours.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Also, I have had SERIOUS problems with changes to my tasks not ever getting changed on gcal, or taking very, very long to appear. Newly added tasks show up fairly quickly, but if I change something that is already on gcal, it can take weeks to change or never change at all. From reading some different forums and google help message boards, this seems to be a common problem with iCals on Google.

~Anders
Capability29

I am using the live ical link, and it's been days, still origina data from 1st import.
tom.a.gill

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Oh man.. thanks for that.. that is awsome, and i can easily set default reminders now that are 30min until we get a more robust reminder system here. Thanks!

Posted by Anders:
There are two separate ways that you can integrate your tasks into Google Calendar. What you have set up is the Toodledo Google Gadget. It is handy, but doesn't actually put anything directly into your calendar. One thing though, you shouldn't have to log in every time (at least I don't). Make sure you are allowing cookies for that to work.

You can also add a Toodledo iCal subscription to Google Calendar. Enable it here: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
And then enter the iCal URL into Google Calendar through "Add by URL". Then all your tasks with dates will show up as a new calendar as events.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.