ForumsQuestionsLead Time of Zero Minutes?

Lead Time of Zero Minutes?
cciulla

Posted: Jun 12, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I've done some due diligence, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.

The "Lead Time" feature only allows a reminder prior to a task's due time.

This leads me to create due times of 13:01 with a reminder lead time of ~1 minute.

While this workaround... works... it's very disturbing to my own special brand of *ahem* meticulous neatness.

I would much rather prefer a due time of 13:00 and be reminded at precisely that time.

So, my asks are:
* Does this functionality exist? If so, where?
* If this functionality does not exist, could this be added to the roadmap?

Thanks in advance!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 12, 2015
For technical reasons, it isnt always possible for us to send an alarm exactly at 13:00. This is because it can take a few minutes for the emails to be sent or your phone to receive our message to present an alert. We can't predict how long it will take, it varies. So alarms always come +/- 1-2 minutes from their scheduled time. For this reason we didn't want to give an option of "0" minutes because it may give a false expectation. This is why we say "~1" which is essentially saying the alarm is at 0 minutes, but there is some transit time.

I recommend setting your task to 13:00 with the ~1 alarm and expect the alarm to arrive between 12:59 and 13:01.
cciulla

Posted: Jun 13, 2015
Hi, Jake.

Thanks for the reply.

While I understand the technical limitations, this is pretty much moot in my situation.

I have DTG GTD (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dg.gtd.android.lite) set up to sync with Toodledo, and allow it to handle my reminders/alarms.

As such, I would still prefer a 0 minute "lead" time.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 15, 2015
Ok. thanks for the feedback. We'll consider it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.