ForumsQuestionsAndroid Alarm/Notification - Silent Option?

Android Alarm/Notification - Silent Option?
sess29a

Posted: Jun 18, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,
This may be a question or a feature request!

Is it possible to set the notification to be silent? I very much like receiving notifications, but I don't necessarily want/need for it to make a sound. I can't seem to customize it to this extend (can either turn off notifications entirely via the phone's App notifications settings or change the alarm sound via the Toodledo setting).

If this is not possible at present by some means I have overlooked, please consider adding this option. I've seen other apps implement a "Silent" Alarm Ringtone, which would do the trick nicely! As is, I'll have to turn off notifications to prevent alarms going off throughout the day (or look for a third-party solution).

Thanks!
Sarah
sess29a

Score: 0 Reference
Looking at the Tooldedo settings again, the first option is listed as Alarm - Trigger device based alarms notifications". If I disable this, will I still received notifications, just without the alarm? This would be exactly what I need! I'll try testing it out.
sess29a

Alas, unchecking "Alarm - Trigger device based alarms notifications" disables notifications entirely rather than just turning off the alarm. So, my question/request in my first post still stands. :)

This message was edited Jun 18, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
FoggyBeach

Posted: Aug 18, 2015
Can you just choose a ringtone that is silent? That is, create or find an mp3 file that is silent, copy it to your Android device, and choose that as ToodleDo's ringtone?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.