ForumsQuestionsTasks In Multiple Folders

Tasks In Multiple Folders
Kevin

Posted: May 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, anyway to put tasks in multiple folders?
Anders

Nope. Tags are the only field that allows you to use several per task.
Kevin

maybe to be put on a wish list at some point....thanks...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
lite1

Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the suggestion.

Nice that you appreciate suggestions, but I see no value for me in this one. Kevin ... how would you use this?

TD, I appreciate that you have a product that allows for a lot of flexibility and different ways for customers to use things. I know that you have clear priorities for development, and hope that unless the benefit of a suggestion is self-evident that you at least expect a person to point out what they think are pros (and perhaps cons) of idea.

To me the cons are:
Diverts you from what are probably higher priorities.
Seems like the request is to have "clones" of the same task; to me in my own use, this would encourage poor clarity on the task to begin with and "where it should live".

Kevin, I am happy to be convinced otherwise of the value of your suggestion and encourage you to share when and how you would use it.

Edward
Anders

Edward, I agree with you in that I would not find much use for multiple folders per task, at least not with my current way of using the site, but people have numerous ways of using things like Folders. I use them as non-overlapping areas of my life, but some may use them as overlapping areas, or as something else entirely that would make this request beneficial. In the end, I trust the creators of this great site to know what will be the best improvements both objectively, and in terms of what their users want.
Anders

Posted by lite1:
Seems like the request is to have "clones" of the same task; to me in my own use, this would encourage poor clarity on the task to begin with and "where it should live".

I kind of agree with this, but it would really still be just one task. This would raise issues with things like sorting by Folder.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.