ForumsQuestionsSidebar not working after Pro upgrade

Sidebar not working after Pro upgrade
Kris

Posted: May 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Has anyone else had the Firefox sidebar (or slim version for mobile) stop working after upgrading to a Pro account? Mine is an incomplete mess that only shows a few of my tasks in each folder. It seems to be frozen in some earlier state and won't sync, despite forcing it to do so ('Refresh Lists') with the Firefox Addon, repeated uninstall/reinstalls of the Firefox Addon, and hours of other hacking and settings twiddling. I get the same problem with all computers, browsers, and mobile devices I use to access my list.

This appears to me to be a major bug in the slim version of the site. It worked fine before I upgraded to Pro, so I am guessing that it due to incomplete implementation of the subtasks feature. Any one else getting this? More importantly, has anyone found a workaround? When I reported it, I was thanked and told it would go on a list.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have a pro account and I use the Firefox sidebar daily. It could be a conflict with another one of your add-ons. You might try disabling them one by one and let us know if you get it to work. You could also try opening the slim website in a regular browser window. Just go here: http://www.toodledo.com/slim If that works, then it is something wrong with the add-on.

If you could also please send a screen snapshot to us at [email protected], that would help us diagnose the problem.
Anders

It sounds like Kris has tried just the plain slim site on mobile with the same result. Kris, do you know that you can get to subtasks by clicking on the parent task, and then "View Subtasks"? I don't know if that depends on your subtask setting on the main Toodledo site or not, but I think they are always nested like that on slim.
I upgraded to Pro without any issues in the Slim site or any of its many gadgets (including the FF sidebar which I use frequently). Another thing you might try is simply signing out, and back in again if you have not tried that yet.

This message was edited May 29, 2009.
Kris

I think I am on to the problem. It's not displaying tasks with a priority that is negative. It just so happens that I leave subtasks with a negative priority, so it appeared fortuitously that it wasn't displaying subtasks. I recall a setting somewhere for the lowest level of priority to display (somewhere), but I have been combing through my account settings for 15 minutes now and can't find it. I think it was actually in the iPhone App, which shouldn't have any effect on the sidebar. The sidebar settings themselves have no mention of it. In fact, the settings there are ridiculously sparse compared to the full page or the iPhone App.

I'll post again if I finally hack through it myself. Also, it obviously isn't an Addon conflict, since as I mentioned, I get the same result using a mobile device or Internet Explorer on the slim page.
Anders

Weird. I just noticed that -1 Priority tasks do not show in most views on slim. They are only shown in the Hotlist, and in Priority view (either -1 Priority view or any Priority). I can't see them anywhere else. I have show -1 Priority set on all my views on the full website, and cannot figure out any way to display them on slim.

Kris, you can also get to your subtasks through the parent task in case you were not aware, but this is strange. If I were you and the slim site is important, I would just do a search for all -1 Priority tasks on the full site, and use multiedit to bump them all up to 0 Priority.

~Anders

Kris

I confirmed it. The wretched sidebar (slim site) doesn't show any tasks with priority -1. I can't believe it. That definitely needs to get fixed in the next version of the slim site. There should be a setting on the slim site settings page for the minimun priority to display, rather than summarily throwing away the -1's. That was an exceptionally poor programming decision. It's highly counterintuitive and limits the sidebar's use severely.

At the very least, the documentation needs to call this out so that others don't waste time trying to figure it out. The documentation also incorrectly indicates that the sidebar shows your Hotlist, which is not true. Other than the egregious omission of -1 priority tasks, the sidebar (slim site) is virtually a reflection of the full page site. It it weren't for that, I would use it exclusively, since it is much handier that lest disruptive that redirecting your work to full site.
Anders

Kris, the slim site does show your Hotlist, and it is actually one of the only views that will show your -1 Priority tasks (Priority is the other view). I don't know if the negative Priority filter was by design or is a bug, but I agree there should be a setting to show them.

Slim Hotlist: http://www.toodledo.com/slim/index.php#_hotlist

Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2009
It appears to be a bug with the "negative priority" filter being applied to most of the views on the slim, and since there isn't a way to turn off the filter, its a problem. We'll get it fixed.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 02, 2009
This has been fixed, by the way.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.