ForumsQuestionscompleted tasks to stay visible?

completed tasks to stay visible?
Admirable

Posted: Jul 20, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
When I open a folder I want to see the tasks that I completed as well as the ones that I need to complete. I don't want them to disappear unless I decide I don't want them visible. If there is not an obvious solution, perhaps if I explain why I want to do this it may help in generating a solution.

Reasons to view competed tasks:

1. So I don't put them in again as tasks. I have a lot of projects that are spread out in time and geography. It is easy to forget what I have done.

2.. The completed tasks can serve as cues for other task(s) when I review all that has been done.

3. I can reference when I did something if I add the date completed.

4. I can easily see the tasks I did to complete a project when I work on a similar one.

5. So I can write in a comment about what happened when I did something or where I put something.

6. I may decide not to do a certain task but I want a record of how I defined it and to add the reason I didn't do it..

So far the only thing I can think to do and still see a completed task on my list is to rate it Low Priority and add text to the task such as an X or type in DONE or XDONE.
Admirable

Not replying to me own post, just clarifying:

1. I want the completed tasks in a particular Folder to be visible with the ones I still need to do in that Folder.

2. I want them to stay there until I decide to delete or move them.

3. I dont want to search for completed tasks and have them come up for a variety of projects.

If it helps in understanding my needs, I use Folders for Projects. Maybe I have just gone in the wrong direction on this. Any help appreciated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can click the "show" button to adjust your filters to show recently completed tasks. This will show tasks completed in the last week. If you want to see all of your completed tasks for all time, you will need to make a "Saved Search" to do this.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.