ForumsQuestionsPrint

Print
Scott

Posted: May 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Does anyone have a good solution for how to print tasks in a usable fashion?

As noted elsewhere in the forum, the Print icon just prints the web page. And the Booklet tool while nice, prints everything tiny.

I am looking to print a one page 14 point font list quickly. No exporting and other work - just a few keystrokes and off to the printer.

Thanks!
Anders

You could try printing from Toodledo's HTML only site: http://www.toodledo.com/html/
The font is about 12 point I think, and it is not as busy as the full Toodledo site, so you will basically just be able to print the list. There are a number of Firefox addons that would allow you to print just what you want from the full site, but since I don't know if you use FF, I'm not going to get into all that.
Scott

Thanks for the feedback - the html is a better print. But it gives double check boxes.

Is there another browser besides FF? :-)

The print function is the singles greatest weakness of Toodledo. It seems that a programmer would be able to create a nifty set of print options so nice reports could be offered as part of the Pro Subscriber.
lite1

Posted by Anders:
... There are a number of Firefox addons that would allow you to print just what you want from the full site...

Pls share these here as I don't want to proliferate threads on similar topic, thx. Edward
Anders

Posted by lite1:
Pls share these

The two addons I currently use that can help with this kind of thing are:
Nuke Anything Enhanced: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/951
Abduction!: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3408
NAE allows you to temporarily remove any portions of a site you want which is great for cleaning up prior to printing.
Abduction allows you to select any section of the screen to save as an image (which you could then print out of course).

Other addons that could help:
Aardvark (similar to NAE, but looks more complicated)
Page Hacker (a new one, also similar to NAE)
PrintWhatYouLike Button (another new addon that uses this web service: http://www.printwhatyoulike.com/ ) This last one looks like it might be the most interesting of all, but I have not tried it yet.

This message was edited May 31, 2009.
lite1

Thx Anders - helpful as usual.

Scott, suggestion: From full site browser (in my case FF, but expect is true for any browser) from browser Menu choose File | Preview. Most likely you are given a choice for Scaling - Printing at 125% gives a large/readable point size.

Just started printing a few things from TD and agree that some report features would be excellent way to "extract" from TD what I want to take with me portably on paper (don't have iPhone). I'm sure that someone will start thread on "Printing; and print report feature suggestions"; and in that I'd want to be able to either print just the full task description and the check box at left. This'd allow for writing paper notes on same print out next to that Task. Printing at 125% a Starred list sorted by Tag leaves me enough vertical space between each entry that I can do some writing.
Edward
lite1

Posted by Anders:

PrintWhatYouLike Button (another new addon that uses this web service: http://www.printwhatyoulike.com/ ) This last one looks like it might be the most interesting of all, but I have not tried it yet.

Like TD they offer a free version and Pro(latter is rather pricey per year). Seems it can be used with many browsers, not just FF. Free version looks quite useful, but doubt it can be used with TD as TD requires log-in to see your own data and I was unable to do this thru the PWYLB demo - I had not signed up for the free version, so perhaps it is actually possible. SEE post immediately by Anders - yes it can be used with TD.

Sorry I have pulled this thread away from OP, and it might be better in 3rd Party forum or elsewhere. Boundaries for a given thread seem to drift and often this means the discussion is perhaps thinking outside the box!

Edward

Edited to make it clear that this is not just for FF browser; also that it can be used with TD

This message was edited May 31, 2009.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by lite1:
Seems it can be used with many browsers, not just FF. Free version looks quite useful, but doubt it can be used with TD as TD requires log-in to see your own data and I was unable to do this thru the PWYLB demo - I had not signed up for the free version, so perhaps it is actually possible.

Actually it works quite well once you sign up and use the bookmarklet or FF button. Seems a bit more complicated than what Scott was originally looking for, but a Pro account allows you to save customizations for particular pages, so you could just set up how you want it to print Toodledo once, and it will do the same thing every time you send it a Toodledo page in the future. Unfortunatly, as Edward mentioned, that level of service costs $5/month. Anyway, the free service seems kind of handy too.

~Anders
lite1

Anders - thanks for follow-up. While not free, SnagIt software is quite powerful and its much > versatility might be worth the $50 purchase cost versus the free items you have pointed to. Same folks through which Vin did his "video" of TD. http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp I use SnagIt quite a bit at office. Mature product and upgrades are somewhat reasonably priced.
Edward
Scott

A good print utility seems like a small project for someone with a little programing know how using the API.

Before spending $50 with SnagIt or $5/month with PrintWhatYouLike, I would rather give a programmer some money to make this happen correctly.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.