ForumsQuestionsemail reminder setting becoming unset

email reminder setting becoming unset
bobm_1366280912

Posted: Jul 30, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I'm not sure it is a bug but it does seem like one. For a couple of years I have been receiving, each midnight, email reminders of my hot topics.

Recently they stopped coming.

I checked in settings and discovered that it was set to not receive daily reminders. So I re-set it to 'get email reminders'. Nothing came at midnight but when I next checked the settings my request for reminders had been 'forgotten'.

I've tried this a few times now. Once I checked at about 5 minutes to midnight and it was still set to send emails. Nothing came at midnight but at five past midnight the setting had come unset.

Any ideas out there?

Bob

PS. My dates and times are, I'm fairly sure, all set correctly.
Sabina A.

Hi Bob,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please create a support ticket so we can look into the issue?

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The only way that the "get email reminders" option gets automatically turned off is if a previous email that we sent to you bounces back to us as undeliverable. When the email we send bounces back, Toodledo must assume that the email address is invalid and we must stop sending emails to that address so that our server does not appear to the internet as being a spammer.

I suspect that your email provider has had some sort of interruption in the last 14 days that caused your email address to become undeliverable. Or perhaps you have some spam filters that are causing our emails to be bounced back.
bobm_1366280912

Posted: Jul 31, 2015
Hello and thanks to both Sabina and Jake.

In fact, by peculiar coincidence (?), I got my reminder at midnight last night and the 'get email' setting is still set this morning.

I think Jake has it. There was indeed a glitch in my email service about 10 days ago when I changed web and email host and I was a bit slow to update the DNS details. I think I lost about 6 hours - which would indeed have bridged midnight.

Thanks again. I think you can consider this closed now. And no more excuses for me to have forgotten my ToDos.

Bob
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.