ForumsQuestionsFirefox add on

Firefox add on
MikeStevens

Posted: Jun 01, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
As a newbie I can't understand how to install the Firefox add-on. The instructions say "From the "Tools" menu, select "Toodledo > Settings"

Under the "Tools" section of my Firefox 3.0.10 on a Mac, there is NO Toodledo option under tools.

Help please
Anders

I don't use a Mac so I'm not sure why you aren't getting the "Toodledo" submenu under Tools, but you don't really need it (at least not on FF for Windows). You can enter your account information by going to your addons (for me, Tools -> Addons). Then click on Toodledo (also make sure it's enabled while you're there). Then click options, and enter your sign in info, and choose your fields. You can the use the context menu, toolbar buttons, sidebar, etc. http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=33
So you don't really ever need the Tools submenu, and I've never even used it myself.

~Anders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It sounds like you haven't installed the Addon yet. Toodledo won't appear in the Tools menu until you have installed the Addon. To install the addon, just click the link on this page: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

It should automatically download and install unless you have popup blockers blocking it.
MikeStevens

Posted: Jun 02, 2009
I have tried to install the add-on. When I click Tools, Ad-ons and go click on Toodledo It says "not compatible with Firefox 3.0.10".which is the version I'm using. Does that explain my problem? Thanks
MikeStevens

Posted by Anders:
I don't use a Mac so I'm not sure why you aren't getting the "Toodledo" submenu under Tools, but you don't really need it (at least not on FF for Windows). You can enter your account information by going to your addons (for me, Tools -> Addons). Then click on Toodledo (also make sure it's enabled while you're there). Then click options, and enter your sign in info, and choose your fields. You can the use the context menu, toolbar buttons, sidebar, etc. http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=33
So you don't really ever need the Tools submenu, and I've never even used it myself.

~Anders
Anders

Posted by MikeStevens:
I have tried to install the add-on. When I click Tools, Ad-ons and go click on Toodledo It says "not compatible with Firefox 3.0.10".which is the version I'm using. Does that explain my problem? Thanks

Hi Mike,
I have FF version 3.0.10, and the Toodledo addon works fine, although I am on a windows machine. Did you download the addon from the Firefox official addon page, or from this site? The one on the addon page is an old version that is not compatible with new versions of Firefox. If you downloaded the old version, I would uninstall it, and then install the new version straight from Toodledo, here: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

~Anders

This message was edited Jun 02, 2009.
MikeStevens

Thank you Anders

I did indeed download the add-on from this site. I have re-installed from the link you recommend and I still get "not compatible with Firefox 3.0.10"

It works OK on my Windows PC, so I may have to use it from there.

Mike

Posted by Anders:
Posted by MikeStevens:

Hi Mike,
I have FF version 3.0.10, and the Toodledo addon works fine, although I am on a windows machine. Did you download the addon from the Firefox official addon page, or from this site? The one on the addon page is an old version that is not compatible with new versions of Firefox. If you downloaded the old version, I would uninstall it, and then install the new version straight from Toodledo, here: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

~Anders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When you go to the "Tools > Addons" window in FF 3.0.10, what is the version number listed next to the Toodledo addon?
MikeStevens

Posted: Jun 03, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
When you go to the "Tools > Addons" window in FF 3.0.10, what is the version number listed next to the Toodledo addon?

The version number is 1.60. I've tried to install this add on several times and it still says "not compatible with Firefox 3.0.10" on my Mac.
MikeStevens

Posted by MikeStevens:
Posted by Toodledo:

The version number is 1.60. I've tried to install this add on several times and it still says "not compatible with Firefox 3.0.10" on my Mac.

Surely someone has used a Mac for this. I must be doing something wrong. It's OK on a PC that I can use.
Anders

Posted by MikeStevens:

Both the TD addon and FF version numbers match mine exactly, and it works fine for me.

Surely someone has used a Mac for this. I must be doing something wrong. It's OK on a PC that I can use.

I think Toodledo is Mac people, which is why this is extra strange.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I don't know what to say. I am running FF 3.0.10 on a Mac with the 1.6 version of our Addon, and it is working for me.

It could be that one of your other addons is causing a conflict, or it could be that your copy of Firefox has gotten corrupted in some way. You might try switching to the Firefox 3.5 betas which work really well for me with our addon. Or you could try disabling other addons and see if that helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.