ForumsQuestionsSort by Importance quickly?

Sort by Importance quickly?
garyo

Posted: Jun 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I normally sort by importance and that works great. But if I click (say) Status, to sort by it, then how do I get back to Importance? This is the only way I know:
* Click Sort at the top (opens sort box)
* Click first Sort By field, drag down to Importance
* Click Sort button (actually sorts)
* Close Sort box (optional)
This is a lot of stuff. Am I missing something?
thpope

You can sort by clicking the headings when using one line mode. Uh, except for importance. There is no heading for that. So, I think you're right about the steps.

The ability to have custom sorts available with one click would be nice.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sort options that aren't associated with a single column are only available inside the "sort" link, for now, but we have been trying to find a quicker way.
Anders

Posted by garyo:
I normally sort by importance and that works great. But if I click (say) Status, to sort by it, then how do I get back to Importance?

If when you sort by other criteria it is just to get a look at all your tasks, another thing you can do would be to switch to another View By option. Since soring is specific to each main view, you could simply click back to your primary view, and it would still be sorted by importance.

Personally, I would love to see either keyboard shortcuts for sorting, or user definable sort schemes (2 or 3) that could be set and activated by a single click. The second would be especially awesome since it would allow for multiple criteria to be selected quickly, and I am guessing I am not alone in having a couple of particular sequences of criteria that I use one of almost all the time.

~Anders
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.