ForumsQuestionsSlow loading times

Slow loading times
kduck100

Posted: Aug 13, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Noticed recently very slow load times on web page. Is toodledo having server issues?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
We are not having server issues. Have you noticed other webpages loading slowing? Have you added a lot of tasks recently or started viewing longer lists of tasks that might account for the longer load times?
kduck100

Posted: Aug 17, 2015
Everything else seems to work as usual. i have fast connection so no web issues. Just noticed that Toodledo has slowed. It is intermittent. i have not added a lot of new tasks either. i will continue to monitor.
austin.faffer

Posted: Aug 17, 2015
At the bottom of my chrome browser I keep getting 'waiting for www.gravatar.com'. It's so slow it's unusable. Any suggestions? This just started in the past 24 hours...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 18, 2015
The "gravatar" thing shows your profile image in the top right corner of the screen. It should not hold up the rest of the page from loading, just that one image.
axelheiser

Posted: Sep 19, 2015
Hi there. I am observing the same or at least something similar. The initial opening of the Toodledo page takes much longer than in the past. Sometimes it takes a minute until the page is fully loaded and before I can interact with it. No big deal for me but something that I did not see before.
Cheers, Axel
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 21, 2015
We have not experienced this. It could be that you have a new browser plugin that is causing the page to load slower. Have you tried using a different web browser?
axelheiser

Posted: Sep 25, 2015
Hi Jake,
thank you very much for your reply.
The problem occurred in several browsers on several machines
but has disappeared now.
I have to assume it was caused by slow and/or intermittent internet connection as we unfortunately sometimes experience in New Zealand.
Now I am back to fully enjoying Toodledo of which I am a long-term and enthusiastic user.
Thanks for a great product.
Cheers,
Axel
Attilio

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
I noticed a very slow loading of tasks over the past six months. I am concerned about the comment on the number of tasks that may cause the slow down. What is the limit beyond which slowing down may occur? What is the recommended number of tasks that can be kept on record? Thanks, Attilio.
Olivir2015

Posted: Oct 29, 2015
I would think it is more the number of tasks visible, not recorded. I certainly see e.g. a slowdown when entering the Add task form, when a lot of tasks (more than a single page) are visible/listed. My way of dealing with this is use smart searches and limit the number of visible taks, which is much more focusable (ehm) anyway...

Posted by Attilio:
I noticed a very slow loading of tasks over the past six months. I am concerned about the comment on the number of tasks that may cause the slow down. What is the limit beyond which slowing down may occur? What is the recommended number of tasks that can be kept on record? Thanks, Attilio.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 29, 2015
If you have hundreds or thousands of tasks visible on the screen, then certain actions can be slow. There is not much we can do about this, since the browser must spend time to draw all those tasks on the screen. We are always working on performance, but at some point you hit the limit of browser capabilities. My recommendation is the same as Olivir2015, view smaller lists, use filters to hide unnecessary tasks and use saved searches to make smaller lists that are more relevant to the situation.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.