ForumsQuestionsWhy can't I nest folders? Or nest subtasks?

Why can't I nest folders? Or nest subtasks?
chrisaalid_1423340130

Posted: Aug 16, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Why isn't one or both of these an option? Is there a plan to add this functionality? It seems like something most other todo platforms support.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2015
We currently offer three levels of hierarchy Folder>Task>Subtask. In our experience, this is sufficient for most projects, but we understand that people may want more levels. This is on our todo list. In the meantime, you may want to look at our Outlines section which has unlimited levels and is a good way to organize the small steps of a larger project.
Peter Scott

Posted: Aug 23, 2015
It is misleading to claim that either folders or outlines provide task parent functionality. Neither provides the metadata that a project would require, metadata that is provided by tasks: date ranges, priorities, contexts, tags, notes, attachments, and statuses. Nor can they be shared or reassigned. We need proper subsubtask functionality. People have been asking for years. Even one more level would make a huge difference.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2015.
natgross

Posted: Aug 25, 2015
Posted by Peter Scott:
Even one more level would make a huge difference.

In my case I need many more levels.
natgross

Posted by Jake:
In the meantime, you may want to look at our Outlines section which has unlimited levels and is a good way to organize the small steps of a larger project.

Can I attach an outline to a task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, with a Subscription you can attach an outline to a task.
natgross

Posted by Jake:
Yes, with a Subscription you can attach an outline to a task.

Cool. Thank you much.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.