ForumsQuestionsremoving popups

removing popups
jab

Posted: Jun 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
There seems to be a new feature on the main screen to display a pop up when I hover over the check box and hand icon. This is very annoying. Is there a way to turn this feature off?
Claudio

Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, there isn't a way to turn it off. If you can provide a compelling reason why you would want to turn it off, we'll make in an option. But, right now there is important functionality inside those popups, so hiding them may prevent you from doing certain things.
thpope

Posted: Jun 05, 2009
I can understand that popups can be annoying, however, these are working for me.
Vin Thomas

I love the functionality of the popups, but the could be a better way of implementing it. It seems a little buggy at this point, and I don't know how intuitive it would be to those who are just signing on.

As I wrote in another topic, this seems a little more intuitive:
thpope

The latest fad seems to be no-click UI (or much reduced clicks). I didn't like it at all at first, and now it doesn't seem bad. In fact, it seem annoying to have to click when I'm used to not clicking.

So, I don't know. I'm not against your suggestion, but it seems no-click popups are what they are going for.

My vote would be to fix the bugginess and let the popups stand as is for a few weeks or even a few months.
Anders

I agree with Vin that new users might not find the popups very obvious. However, I just think if in the screenshot it is just getting a little busy with too many icons in front of the task titles.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.