ForumsQuestionsScrolling difficulties

Scrolling difficulties
cbarnhart

Posted: Aug 25, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
With the new scrolling process i am having difficulty scrolling at all......definitely not free flowing! I have to use excessive force to get it to scroll at all, even within the folder as was discribed in the update today. Please help... This is not functional!!! The scrolling is normal in all other parts of the website, just not on my actual task lists that i have to use constantly.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am sorry that the scrolling is difficult. Can you please tell us what you are using to scroll and what sort of "excessive force" you are applying?
cbarnhart

Yes, Jake. I am using my IPad as always. By excessive force I am trying to describe this: previously I simply used my finger to scroll up and down easily (which, by the way, I can still do in all the other parts of this website) but now on my task list that I have divided by the days of the week I have to push my finger into my screen and hold it down firmly to scroll in my task list and even then it kind of starts and stops and catches and does not scroll freely as it always had before.

I just used my application on my desktop and on that device there is a scroll bar that I can use to freely scroll. But the problem is on my Ipad because there is no scroll bar on the right and no mouse to use as on my desk top. However, the problem with that is that I use my Ipad exclusively in my day to day.

One last point to note is that it was all working well until I received the notification today about the changes with the ribbon, etc.

This message was edited Aug 25, 2015.
Long Vu

Posted: Aug 26, 2015
I too have scrolling difficulties, even on desktop browser (firefox).

To increase my productivity, I avoid using the mouse to maximum to avoid moving my hands to the mouse and back. I even use a tenkeyless (keyboard without the numberpad section) keyboard to shorten the travel distance between the mouse and the keyboard.

So before the left "ribbon" is out, all tasks were flat in my browser so I can simply press down arrow or page down to scroll, no need for the mouse.

Now I have to move my mouse cursor onto the task list, then scroll using my mouse scroll wheel, arrow down and page down do not even work when I already have my mouse cursor at the good place.

Having a todo list is all about boosting our productivity and this new "design" is not productive at all.

If you guys want to keep this new design/layout, fine but can you please add an option in the settings for keyboard lover like me to switch back to the old design/layout?

I've been a paid customer for 3 years. I've been happy in general with all the little UI tweak but this one really hurt and I have to speak out.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 26, 2015
We will work on improving scrolling.

In the meantime, for the iPad, try scrolling with 2 fingers.
Long Vu

Posted: Aug 27, 2015
Looks like the scrolling issue is fixed. I can now use arrow up/down and page up/down to scroll my tasklist on by desktop browser.

Thanks for the quick fix.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 27, 2015
Yes, we fixed this. We also fixed scrolling on iPad.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.