ForumsQuestionsAlarms on Android

Alarms on Android
FoggyBeach

Posted: Aug 25, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I've been trying to figure out why I missed an alarm this morning. It should have sounded on my Nexus, and I thought maybe I'd missed it.

I've set up some other alarms and they've worked as expected. However, here's an alarm I set up at around 4:12 PM:

http://i.imgur.com/cbxNIm6.png

I set it up, and synced. At 4:15 there was no alarm. There was an email sent, but the alarm on the Nexus did not sound.

Note that I have an alarm sound that is five minutes long. I do that because I don't want want to choose Insistent--I don't want the alarm to go on forever. But I do want it do go on for five minutes. Could that be the problem?

However, I have had the alarm sound at other times.

Any ideas why it failed?

Thanks,

Al
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 25, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I do not know exactly why it failed. If the alarm goes off some of the time and not others, it is not one of the obvious things. If I had to take a guess, I would say that the sound did go off, but another sounds from some other app maybe went off at the same time or shortly after that canceled the 5 minute ring tone from happening. You might try changing the ringtone back to a default sound and set some test alarms and see if that makes any difference.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.