ForumsQuestionsAlarm on PC Fails

Alarm on PC Fails
FoggyBeach

Posted: Aug 25, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
To understand the alarms, I have been experimenting.

At 6:40 PM I set an alarm for 6:42, then waited with Firefox open and Toodledo in a pinned tab:

http://i.imgur.com/3WcNVMV.png

6:42 came and went with no alarm. An email was sent.

I've allowed the notifications, and have seen them before. Any idea why it didn't fire off this time?

Thanks,

Al
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Aug 26, 2015
Hello,

If you have firefox, do you mind going to the lock on the address bar and click it?

There you will see the information about Toodledo and you will see a Permissions section. Make sure that Show notifications is set to "Allow" instead of "Block" or "Always ask".

Also, on Toodledo, inside the "Organize" menu select "Alarms / Reminders" and then check that the "Browser" option in enabled in alarms.

If you needed to make a change, then try the alarms again please.

If both of these were already in place, then its best to submit a support ticket so that Toodledo can look into your account.

All the best

Alex
FoggyBeach

Thanks, Alex.

Show Notifications is Allow and in the Organize/Alarms, the Browser option is there (and I can run the test, and the notification box appears).

I will do some more testing and submit a ticket if I don't figure out a solution.
alexandremrj_2

Hello FoggyBeach,

Just found the problem:

https://toodledo.com/info/help.php#161

"Please note that you must set any alarm at least 10 minutes into the future for it to have time to get scheduled and work in your web browser. Also, the first time an alarm goes off, your web browser will ask you for permission to display alarms. You will need to click "accept" to receive them."

You have already accepted them that is why the allow is turned on in firefox, but your alarm is 2 minutes instead of 10.
FoggyBeach

Okay, good, thanks. I just finished writing up a ticket, and you can ignore it.

I've probably spent over an hour testing and experimenting to figure out what is wrong. Few are going to see that help topic. I'm a RTFM type, and I didn't.

I strongly recommend that when setting an alarm in that situation, a message pops up:

"The alarm you set up will not fire. You must set any alarm at least 10 minutes into the future for it to have time to get scheduled and work in your web browser."

Other programmer types like me are going to waste time testing alarms. In fact, I'll bet for most users, the first thing they'll do is set up an alarm a few minutes in the future to see how it works. When it doesn't, they will move on to another to do application.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the feedback. We will look into this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.