ForumsQuestionsSort by start date and due date

Sort by start date and due date
TaniaB

Posted: Jun 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I would like to be able to sort tasks by start date, and then by due date. If I have tasks that are due in the future, but I need to start working on them today, I want them to appear together with tasks that are due for today. However, tasks that don't have start dates will always appear in the end.
Is there a way of setting a blank start date to be equal to due date by default, so that the sort can be done correctly?

I hope I explained myself right :)
Thanks,
Tania.
Anders

Posted: Jun 06, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by TaniaB:

Is there a way of setting a blank start date to be equal to due date by default, so that the sort can be done correctly?

There is no way to have this done automatically, but you could set it manually. I am still not sure I understand the view you are trying to achieve however. Even if you could do this, tasks due today would not all necessarily show up next to tasks starting today. In fact that would only be the case for tasks that did have the same start and due date. If you could clarify a little bit, it might help. One thing you might try is sorting by due date, then start date. Also, you could try using an advanced search for tasks with due date or start date in the next 1 day, or something like that.

~Anders
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.