ForumsQuestionsSecurity / Encryption of Data

Security / Encryption of Data
CSusi

Posted: Sep 11, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
In light of the recent Ashley Madison breach, I am making a feature request if it doesn't already exist.

Please provide the option for users to encrypt data such as task names, notes, and possibly attachments.

I understand that something like dates and priorities may need to be stored un-encrypted on the database side in order to perform sorting and filtering in the SQL queries. But I would be really happy if they were to provide functionality that the task titles and notes were encrypted so that some random DBA, SysAdmin, developer, or so-forth wasn't able to see the details of my private life. Or worse, if there was a data breach like Ashley Madison, that all of my private life isn't exposed for the entire world to see.

I am even willing to accept that some functionality may not be available (e.g. searching ToDo list notes for words) because of this. But I could sleep a little easier at night knowing that I don't have to worry about the world someday discovering when and what doctors I had appointments with, if I am currently searching out a new job, or projects I have on the back-burner, etc. etc. Even if you may practice the tightest security at your firm, one disgruntled employee can expose the rest of us to a lot of embarrassment or worse.

Thank you!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 14, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
We already encrypt much of our users data, including all of the Lists, Outlines and Habits sections. The Tasks and Notes sections are not yet encrypted because we currently do searching and sorting in the database for these sections and so encryption would break searching and sorting. We are in the middle of re-engineering the Tasks and Notes sections to do search/sort in the browser which will enable us to encrypt the database. Its a big big project, and we have been working on it for some time and still have a substantial amount of work to do, but we'll get there.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.