ForumsQuestionsSharing Tasks in a specific folder

Sharing Tasks in a specific folder
oliver.wiesner

Posted: Sep 20, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all, I'm using Toodledo already for years and am very happy. Keep on this way!

Now, I've convinced my wife to use it as well and we want to share some tasks.

My assumption was, that we could specify a folder, and all tasks in this folder can be seen, edited and completed by both. So actually, a quite simple idea.
But it seems we have to switch to the workspaces of the others to be able to see those tasks.

Since we also use Toodledo on our Android devices (we use DGT GTD to sync), the other one can't see the tasks one has created.

As far as I can see right now, the only way would be to edit each specific task and "share" that.

But wouldn't it be cool if that could be assiciated to a folder? Like: "all tasks, which are in the folder XXX are shared with that person".

I have tried to find that feature, but all I found were some pretty similar requests from 2008 / 2009, but not if / how these were implemented.

Is this already possible? If not, is there a workaround except for going over the website?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 21, 2015
It is not currently possible to share a folder. Sorry. This is a complex feature that we plan to add in the future.

For now, what you can do is share individual tasks which will appear in both of your lists in the app. If you want, you can create subtasks of the share tasks and those subtasks will be shared automatically.
Brian12

Posted: Jan 08, 2016
Is the share a folder option going to be added soon? My wife and I just switched from Wunderlist (which had a super simple way to share tasks in "folders") and task sharing has been frustrating on Toodledo. Is the only option for us to share each task individually (without resorting to dashboard switching)? Folder-task sharing functionality is essential to us (and I am sure many others)... Unfortunately we may need to cancel both of our subscriptions if something like this doesn't become available soon. To us this is an essential feature for managing household tasks. Thank you for your time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 09, 2016
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.