ForumsQuestionsBackground sync on iOS

Background sync on iOS
TheGriff_2

Posted: Sep 22, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
There have been several forum posts and I know the policy is not to comment...but....

Any update on supporting background sync for iOS? In this day and age it would seem this functionality is supported by default on newer apps.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 22, 2015
Yeah, this is still on our todo list, while we finishup our redesign of the app, but this is definitely planned. Its not a huge deal in my mind because the app syncs when you open it, which is when you need the data anyway, but I do see the value in avoiding that little wait while it syncs and for local alarms to work for tasks added on the website but not synced yet
SloJaMo

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Can I just add my request for this feature please.

It may not be a huge deal in your mind Jake, but as I use Toodledo in the browser for work each day (as well as for personal tasks outside of work time) it is a total pain that the local alarms on the iOS device do not sync. I don't open the iOS app as frequently as I do the browser, so I often miss alarms because they don't get synched or get alarms for tasks that I've completed but checked off on the website.

I'm a big fan of Toodledoo, but this lack of feature on iOS has been driving me potty for the 2 years this functionality has been available in iOS.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Thanks for the feedback. We plan to fix this. In the meantime, try using "Remote Alarms" instead of "Local Alarms". These will be sent from the website.
david

Posted: Feb 18, 2016
Any update on Background Sync? Having local alarms would be much better than just remote alarms (for example, they would work even without a network connection, and they would also enable updating the task when receiving the alarm, something you cannot do right now since the task may not yet be synced with the iPhone).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.