ForumsQuestionsI have a small biz and confused about sharing corp. tasks

I have a small biz and confused about sharing corp. tasks
cgallagher

Posted: Jun 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
This weekend I set up my personal and business tasks - for my biz I created 4 folders - i.e. sales, operations etc.

I want to buy Pro for by 10 employees, but according to the FAQ "the folder and context options dissappear when assigning a task to someone else"

So before get my 6 employees to meet to discuss using toodledo, I need a head check from experienced users..... I want my employees to be able to delegate tasks to each other but managed within 4 "standard" folder. Is this software effective for this or will we be spending too much time with retyping folder names (i.e. work arounds).

Thanks from Chicago!

Chris Gallagher
[email protected]
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
You might consider this a workaround, but it would work and really what's in a name? You could use Tags instead of Folders for your four areas. As long as everyone is using the same tags, and not using tags for anything else, that will work. Tags are retained by tasks when assigned to someone else. You could even easily make the change if you already started adding to the Folders using advanced search to find everything in each, and then Multiedit to Tag them with the Folder name.

~Anders
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
Also, BTW, one way or the other nobody would have to do any "retyping". Once you have your four Folders in place, you just choose on from a dropdown list. Same for Contexts. This is actually a shortcoming of Tags. Because Tags are more free form, it is possible to mistype them when creating a task. For that reason, I would keep the names as simple as possible if you go for the tag method. It is easy enough however to find an item that is incorrectly tagged, especially if your four areas are the only tags being used.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.