ForumsQuestionsTags for completed items disappear

Tags for completed items disappear
tavman

Posted: Jun 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a software developer maintaining about 6 different projects. I'm trying to use the tag feature to identify which project a specific issue belongs to. When that issue is corrected, I add the version number of the build where the bug is fixed to the tag i.e.: CS410,6.4.1228. My problem is when all of the issues with the version tag have been checked off, I no longer see a tab with that tag. I'd like to be able to go back and view all the of issues corrected in a specific version. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Anders

Tags are not saved when there are no remaining tasks that have them. There have been a lot of requests for better tag management, like a dropdown list, or tag cloud, etc.

One thing you could do is just create a task for each bug that is just for keeping the tag alive. You could set the status of such tasks to reference so that they wouldn't appear in your task lists unless you turn off the Deferred filter. If you did that, I think the tabs for those Tags should remain in place as long as those reference tasks are there.

~Anders
Claudio

Well, the Tags are still saved but they won't be available from the Tags View.
You can view the tasks by doing a Search and specifying the Tag(s).
The workaround that Anders suggests will work.
tavman

I guess I can use the notes field and put the versions there. Then I can do a search for the version number I need and set the checked flag to true. That might be a cleaner solution come to think about it. We have a LOT of versions and that would tend to clutter up the tag list...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 09, 2009
The tag view will only show tags that have active tasks, but you can always make a saved search for the old tags that have only completed tasks. Here is some more info about saved searches.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

You could also do what Anders suggested and make a dummy task with the tags that you want to keep alive.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.