ForumsQuestionsAndroid App: security confusion

Android App: security confusion
grc199

Posted: Sep 28, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I changed my password on the Toodledo web site and was surprised to find that my Android Toodledo app continued to sync with it without asking for the new password. So the upshot is that if someone else uses my phone they can always get to my data even if I change the web site password. Also there appears to be no function on the app to logout or log in. Is this normal behaviour for the app or am I missing something? Be gentle, I'm quite new to Toodledo :)

Android Toodledo version: 5.8.1 (132)
Android version 5.0.1
Galaxy Note 4
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 28, 2015
When you sign into an app, it checks your password, but then you are signed in and stay signed in. Because all of your data is stored in the app for offline usage, even if the app asked for your password to sync again, someone would still be able to see your previously synced data in the app. Presumably you have a passcode lock on your phone to prevent someone from accessing your data.

If you want to stop an app from syncing you can do this from the "Syncing Apps" settings section of this website, which will force those apps to require a new signin.
grc199

Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Thanks for clearing that up, Jake
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.