ForumsQuestionsI don't like the Tag view implementation !

I don't like the Tag view implementation !
Ummagumma

Posted: Sep 29, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
The tag is, basically, a category.

In every program that I used, grouping by category creates an individual group header for each category, and the tasks that have multiple categories are shown under multiple headers. So e.g. if Task A has tags "Hot" and "Project 1", the common way of grouping will be

Hot

Task A
Task B
Task E

Project 1

Task A
Task D
Task F

This way, I can browse through the master list of all tasks, arranged per tag. That makes it easy to have a top level overview of your projects.

Toodledo, however, creates a separate group header for every possible combination of tags. I.e.,

Hot

Task B
Task E

Project 1

Task D
Task F

Hot, Work

Task A

So that Task A will show up under it's own header but not under either Hot or Work header; I would need to filter by tag to see the list for that particular tag - making the overview of a Master list arranged by categories (tags) unworkable when you assign multiple tags to multiple tasks. This is rather contrary to the standard practice used in major programs like Outlook or Pocket Informant.

TD - please consider changing this behavior !

This message was edited Sep 29, 2015.
Purveyor

I agree with you, but ...

Here's Jake response from a few years ago:
There is currently a limitation in the way we do things such that a single task can only appear on the screen once. This is why a task will not appear multiple times on the same page under each tag divider.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/11504/0/multiple-tags-act-like-one-tag.html

This message was edited Sep 29, 2015.
Ummagumma

OK... thanks.

This is not a major feature but it does make tags a bit less useful.
SES21

Posted: Sep 30, 2015
With all the changes being done & the age of that other post, it might be worth asking Jake if this limitation still exists...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 01, 2015
It still exists, but maybe not for much longer. We'll see.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.