ForumsQuestionsWhy are paying customers required to pay for iPhone app?

Why are paying customers required to pay for iPhone app?
robert.vankooten_2

Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Apologies if this has been discussed / answered before, I did search through the FAQ's and Forums but couldn't find anything useful.

I'm currently trialling the paid subscription and planning to start paying if I can keep up using it. I have both an Android and an iPhone, but with my iPhone being my work phone I tend to have that on me most. I was hoping to use the app so I have everything with me in meetings. I was disappointed to find that there is no free app for paying subscribers. Appreciating there is a cost to building these apps I can somewhat understand this, but then why is the Android app free when the iPhone app is charged for? I would at least expect a level charging structure between different platforms, and ideally a free app available to paying subscribers.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
The iOS app can be used as a stand-alone app without syncing with the website, so we charge a small fee of $3.99. The Android app requires a Toodledo account to sync with. It is also less mature than our iOS app, so we are currently giving it out for free, but this may change in the future.

Unfortunately, Apple does not allow us to give our app away for free to our subscribers and charge everyone else.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.