ForumsQuestionsDeleted all tasks in error

Deleted all tasks in error
anna.kinsella192

Posted: Oct 01, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
How do I get back all of my tasks which I deleted in error? I've been trying to find a way to do it from the website and can't find it. Am afraid that if I sync my phone again, it will delete everything on the site. Please help......I guess I really needed that coffee this morning. sigh Thanks!!!!
alexandremrj_2

Hello,

Go to Account Settings, and on top you have several tabs:

General Settings - Account Activity - Syncing Apps - Deleted Tasks - Alarm Activity - 2-Step Login

Here, on Deleted Tasks, This list shows the tasks that were deleted in the last month with the option to undelete tasks that were accidentally deleted.

Hope this helps

Alex
anna.kinsella192

Thank you Alex......I'll try.
anna.kinsella192

Drat.......not there, only showed one task. Thanks though!!

My tasks are all still on the website......if I were to sync my iPhone again, would it pick up those and put them back into my phone?? Anyone??
ukz_

If your tasks are still on the website, take a backup (ie export them) before doing anything else.
anna.kinsella192

I printed them off so I have them......I've had some coffee since my stupid move earlier. Thanks!!
alexandremrj_2

Hello Anna,

I think we are talking about different things. I was talking about tasks deleted on the website and tasks deleted on the iphone but already synced to the website.

To recover tasks deleted on the iPhone and still not synced I don't know how to recover on the app, have to wait for Jake to answer.

Alex
anna.kinsella192

I probably didn't explain myself very well Alex. I was syncing my tasks this morning. Then I went to delete "completed" tasks and in error deleted "all" tasks......as I said.....before coffee and obviously needing new glasses :( I guess the sync went thru, since on the website is correct. I'm looking to find out how to get those tasks from the website back into my phone.

With the directions you gave me above, there was an old task I'd completed and deleted, but nothing else.

Does that make it clearer???

Anna
Sabina A.

Hi anna.kinsella192,

First, I suggest you backup your website account instead of just printing them out. Here is the link to backup:

https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_backup.php

Next, you can force sync your website account to the app. In the app settings, click on Settings, Synchronization, Modify Account Login, then click on "Force Toodledo -> Device Sync". This should sync all data from the website to the app.

Hope that helps.

This message was edited Oct 01, 2015.
anna.kinsella192

Thank you for this Sabina......I will try this a bit later. It sounds like it might work though. Thanks!!!! Anna
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To be really safe, you can delete the app and reinstall it which will make sure no changes from the app make it to the website.
anna.kinsella192

Not sure I understand Jake? I haven't tried what Sabrina suggested yet.

If I delete the app how will I get my tasks back into the app on my phone?

Oh, I can't believe how stupid I am........

Anna
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 02, 2015
If everything is on this website safe and sounds, then you could delete the app from your phone. Then reinstall the app (you won't have to pay again) and the app will be totally empty. Then go into the app's sync section and login. It will do the initial one way sync from the website to the app. This will guarantee that no bad data makes it from the app into the website.

If you want to use Sabina's method, that will work too. I would recommend putting the iPhone into "Airplane Mode" first and then open the app and turn off automatic syncing. This will make sure that the auto-sync doesn't send anything to the website. Then you can turn off airplane mode and use Sabina's method.
anna.kinsella192

Posted: Oct 03, 2015
OK.......did not delete the app......but the sync appeared to work except every one of my deleted tasks also showed up......so attempting to delete them now and see if that works.

Thank you Sabina and Jake........I guess where I could once multi task, that is no longer possible. LOL Must pay closer attention in the future!!!! Thank you all again.

Anna
anna.kinsella192

Posted: Oct 03, 2015
Little update......had to sync and delete completed a couple of times, but I'm good to go. Thanks again!!!

Anna
Sabina A.

Posted: Oct 05, 2015
Glad this was resolved, Anna!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.