ForumsQuestionsAttaching a .msg file to Toodledo

Attaching a .msg file to Toodledo
4Boosh

Posted: Oct 07, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading to a paid membership so that files can be attached to my notes, etc. but one of the truly critical requirements of my to do system is the ability to attach an Outlook mail message (.msg) to a to do task. The case is that I get hundreds of tasks embeded in email and I want to get the task out of my inbox and into my system. However, the task is often to do something and then follow back to the sender with an answer. I would like to be able to process the email immediately out of my inbox after I add the task to toodledo; but I need an easy way to pull up that email that needs responding to from the task assignment. Another application of this concept is that if I want to delegate a task to a team mate by creating a shared task and adding them to the toodledo task, and I want them to have immediate access to the email for reference (or if I want THEM to reply back to that email), I would want the .msg file attached directly. Right now, if I can do that, the easiest way to delegate the task is to foward the email which doesn't help reduce the size of anyone's inbox. And then forces them to deal with a new email and working it into their to do system (which may or may not be Toodledo...but would definitely be toodledo if I was able to delegate it directly to them with Toodledo).

Thanks in advance for feedback,

Deb
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 07, 2015
I am sorry, but this isn't currently possible. Its on our todo list to get working in a future update.
Olivir2015

Posted: Oct 09, 2015
I would also welcome any update for dealing with e-mails, that was the only think that kept me with Todoist for a while...but Toodledoo's Search View and other customizablity has won me back:-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.