ForumsQuestionsIs there global functionality (folders, tags, etc.)?

Is there global functionality (folders, tags, etc.)?
steph

Posted: Jun 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a new user, trying this after years of using ListPro as a power user. I have been trying to strategize about how to set up and transfer lists, and have a few questions and/or suggestions:

1. I like the idea of tagging, because I can use multiples (like tagging items in a packing list as for me or my son or both), but it seems that the functionality needs to go one more step. I can use the same tag more than once, but I have to keep entering it again and again. Clearly, the tags are aggregated for the purpose of creating the TAG display tabs, so why can't they be aggregated in a dropdown from which I can select my tags?

2. I want to import a bunch of my ListPro lists, and I have the CSV files all ready to go. Is there a way to import all the tesks from a single list into one folder? I was thinking that if I opened the CSV in Excel and added a Folder colunm, *then* imported it, that might work. Is this doable, or is there a better way?

3. A related question: is there some way to select a bunch of tasks and do something globally to them, e.g., put a group of tasks into a particular folder in one step? This is where drag and drop functionality would be awesome...

That's it so far, but I'm sure there will be more! Thanks for any and all advice...

Steph
Vin Thomas

Score: 1 Reference
Great to have you in the TD community!

First, with tagging, it has been suggested before that they be used in a dropdown or autocomplete manner. That is something that isn't available currently, but who knows what the future has in store. TD is always evolving.

I am not sure about your csv questions since I don't have experience with that.

And third, you can do a search for the tasks you want to edit, then use the "Multi-Edit" tool to apply global settings to them. It is a nifty tool, but there must be something in the task that can be searched first.
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by steph:
2. I want to import a bunch of my ListPro lists, and I have the CSV files all ready to go. Is there a way to import all the tesks from a single list into one folder? I was thinking that if I opened the CSV in Excel and added a Folder colunm, *then* imported it, that might work. Is this doable, or is there a better way?

When you use the CSV import, you can assign whatever Toodledo field you want to each column. So if there is already a "list" column for instance, you could import that as Folders. Otherwise, creating a Folder column would work fine.

~Anders
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.