ForumsQuestionsTooled events visibility in Google Calendar

Tooled events visibility in Google Calendar
Timothy.M.Read

Posted: Oct 16, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I have included the ical link to Toodledo in Google Calendar and can see my todo list in the Web interface to Google Calendar with no problems. However, when I connect to the same Google Calendar from my Android phone the events don't appear. It is strange because in the list of calendars on the phone the Toodledo feed does appear. It is just that they don't appear on the calendar.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Tim

This message was edited Oct 16, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 16, 2015
If the tasks are showing up on the Google Calendar website but not on the phone, then it must be a problem with Google Calendar. Maybe it doesn't support subscribed calendars on the phone yet. I dont think that this is something that Toodledo can control unfortunately.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 17, 2015
I too included the ical link to Toodledo in Google Calendar. My tasks with Due Dates showed in the Web interface of Google Calendar.
It also shows perfectly in my android app "Business Calendar 2" once that calendar is selected in the android app along with my other 5-6 calendars.
It is not a problem with Google Calendar or Toodledo. Check whether the mobile app you are using has that facility and whether you have set it up right.
Hope this clarification helps.
Timothy.M.Read

Posted: Oct 18, 2015
Sorry about that. My mistake. The tasks don't actually appear on Google Calendar on the Web - well they do, but not immediately! If I add a task to Toodledo, or modify the date, it takes a long time to appear on the Web version of GC, and then never appears on the phone.

Thanks.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 18, 2015
Posted by Timothy.M.Read:
Sorry about that. My mistake. The tasks don't actually appear on Google Calendar on the Web - well they do, but not immediately! If I add a task to Toodledo, or modify the date, it takes a long time to appear on the Web version of GC, and then never appears on the phone.

You are right. The Registration of a new TD Task or its Modification is not instantaneous in GCal. It takes anything between 2 to 24 hours for the TD Task changes to be in sync with GCal. This is because Google Calendar updates/refreshes all its ical calendar links (from time to time) on a schedule. A third party App has to work on the GCal API to force it to refresh immediately. TD does not do this yet, but some other third party Apps like "Ultimate ToDo List" (Android) and some other contemporary Task Managers work with the GCal API to make immediate two-way sync possible.

I have requested for this IMO important feature, and it is under consideration....
Timothy.M.Read

Posted: Oct 19, 2015
Thanks for the info. I thought I was going crazy. It is true, the events do appear "the next day". Fortunately the connection to iCal on my Mac is immediate so it is only on my crumby Android phone that I can't see the events. As far as I can see, there isn't a Calendar app that lets you show ics. There is an ics sync app that does incorporate the ics feed but it is not free.

Let's cross our fingers and see what the folk here do. It would certainly be a "nice to have" as far as I am concerned.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.