ForumsQuestionsIDEA!!

IDEA!!
jpropper

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Someone (not my skills at all) should develop some kind of template where you can import you backed up data into a more useable format, in the unlikely event this downtime should ever happen again.

I had a recent back up but not very user friendly as is... just a thought.

Also, I signed up for emailed Hotlist yesterday!!! I had a fresh one for this morning and that was great too. I recommend that all sign up for that, for this reason alone. If you don't need it for 364 days of the year, delete it.

Jon P.
Linden

Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the tip, Jon. The Hotlist e-mail is a great idea.

My backup was on my home computer, which is never turned on in the morning. The e-mail would have joined me at the office where it would have been VERY comforting this morning. :)

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009.
Anders

jpropper, what do you mean by a "more useable format"?
XML is great for restoring your list, but of course that is not necessary since Toodledo was prepared with backups.
CSV is great for using with other apps, and Text is easy. If you mean "useable" as in for reviewing your tasks, you should check out the Booklet. I'm just wondering if you could elaborate a little on what you are looking for.

~Anders
jpropper

Thanks All. I use booklet when TD is up. Couldn't use it when down. Your other suggestion is along the lines of what I was saying, but it's greek to me. Can you post how to open the CSV to have it formatted for easy use?? Thanks again!
Anders

Basically the CSV export can beopened in a spreadsheet program like excel, and each task will have its own row with columns for each attribute or field. I can explain more clearly if necessary when I am not typing on my iPod :)
Proximo

All things considered. I don't think this is something that happens often.

Since Toodledo has been launched, how many times has it gone done completely?

Don't know the answer to that, but I bet it's probably very little and I suspect this was the first time.

With that said, we should all feel confident that Toodledo has a great backup system and probably make sure we do print out our list once a week, just in case.

The current export options work great and I use CSV for my monthly activity reports. Goes into Excel perfectly and I delete the stuff I don't need.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009.
Kweck

Another idea is to complete the Google Gears Offline functionality and/or a (platform independent) Desktop Client
OK OK. It's easy to say that without having the task to DO all the work... ;)

I had the iPhone App with nearly the latest data available. That was my luck also.

I think it was a great job to recover everything without loosing any data after such a crash.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.