Toodledo Slim on the Palm Pre
Tuck

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

I love using the slim mode that's available on

www.toodledo.com/slim

I even use it on my desktop computer!

I just got a Palm Pre, and I wanted to alert you that there are a few glitches using the slim interface on the device. It loads up ok, but I can neither check-off completed items, nor click on an existing item to edit its details. Interestingly, I can add an item and navigate otherwise without a problem. Also the normal interface works fine, but its inconvenient.

It seems like Slim is 95% ok, and would only require a few tweaks.

I know you're not working on an app, so can you please try to fix the slim version?! I'll send you anything you need that would be helpful, including a video of the behavior I'm describing.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
Anders

Tuck, for now you may want to try the HTML-only page: http://www.toodledo.com/html
It isn't as good as Slim, but it should work on your browser.

~Anders
Tuck

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
@Anders: The pre has a full web browser like the iPhone, so i can just go to the full-version homepage if I need to. But I like the slim interface, its clean and fast. Plus, it loads in the correct size. The full and HTML versions both load zoomed way out.

@Toodledo: Check out how iNozbe.com works. Their code works in my browser, but I'd rather use Toodledo!!! Maybe you can change the code to reflect their method.

This message was edited Jun 23, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Jun 24, 2009
In order to get the HTML and other pages to load withouthout being zoomed way out, you may have to switch yhour browser to mobile view. Also, I am surprised that the full site works if Slim does not.
Tuck

Posted: Jun 25, 2009
The fixes are really easy. They just need to use a different type of code to create the checkboxes, and adjust the way the sliding transitions work. This shouldn't affect compatibility with all the other mobile browsers. Please see iNozbe.com - they've done it!

This message was edited Jun 25, 2009.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jun 25, 2009
At least we know it's doable. I have settled to just use the slim website in skyfire or Iris.

To disable the animations in Iris all you have to do is the following:

Using a registry editor for your phone, such as Mobile Registry Editor, set the key \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\IrisBrowser\AnimationsEnabled to false. - From the Iris Website

I used this free registry editor: http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/phmregistryeditor.shtml

It was easy and added some speed.

PS. When they say to set it to "false" they mean to set it to "0".

Hope this helps.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2009.
Tuck

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Palm Pre does not run Windows Mobile. It has a unique OS called WebOS. The browser is based on webkit and is very similar to the iphone browser.
throwerbev

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Posted by Tuck:
@Anders: The pre has a full web browser like the iPhone, so i can just go to the full-version homepage if I need to. But I like the slim interface, its clean and fast. Plus, it loads in the correct size. The full and HTML versions both load zoomed way out.

@Toodledo: Check out how iNozbe.com works. Their code works in my browser, but I'd rather use Toodledo!!! Maybe you can change the code to reflect their method.

When I try the slim view on my Palm Pre it also is zoomed way out, is there something I need to do to set it larger?
Anders

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
I don't think Slim is fully compatible with the Pre browser, but there may be some view setting on your phone that could make it look better. However, the first post in this thread says it is not totally functional, so you may want to try http://www.toodledo.com/html instead.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.