ForumsQuestionsPublic Sharing Questions

Public Sharing Questions
DSM_2

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to try public sharing of my task list with my wife as a way of letting her see the (potentially large) list of tasks I'm building up supposedly without risk that she will be changing them on me without either of us knowing. She can then comment to me on issues and I can adjust the list accordingly. Some things, though, don't look quite right:

1. Is it true that, when you enable public sharing, you always get the same website URL?
2. If the tasks are read only, why do they have checkboxes at the beginning of the line?
3. When I access the site via the iPhone, I see a list of public folders on the left, but not so via Firefox -- why?
4. Is there a minimal website for iPhone access that I'm forgetting? Is it read-only?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
1) Yes, same URL.
2) The checkboxes are there just so you know that its a task that is uncompleted. They cant be clicked
3) I think this is because you have hidden the sidebar in your Task list, so when you visit the public list the sidebar is also hidden.This is a bug.I'll fix it.
4) http://m.toodledo.com but it is not read-only
DSM_2

Hmmm.

2. I can check and then uncheck the checkboxes. I'm not sure if doing that has any effect, but it is disconcerting.
3. How do you hide the sidebar in your Task list? Not sure how (or if) I did that.
DSM_2

Posted: Nov 12, 2015
Whoops -- I take #2 back. It looked like I could check the checkbox, but it doesn't allow it. This is good.

Still not sure how the public folders idea (#3) is supposed to work. The iPhone interface is good, but fills the screen too much. I'll be interested to see how you fix it so that it is easy for the lay-Toodledo person to understand (ie. my non-computer using wife ;-)

This message was edited Nov 12, 2015.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.